Vivienne Sager was a Sheridan employee in the Human
Resources Department. She was an enthusiastic, positive person, who sat on
various committees, including College Council. Sadly, she succumbed to cancer.
The Vivienne Sager Award was started in 1991, and is an annual award granted to a
member of College Council who has performed exemplary service on behalf of
College Council. The recipient shall be a person who shows enthusiasm and a
positive attitude; someone who is committed to students, faculty and staff and
the overall good of the Sheridan community.
- 2009 -- Dhanna Mistri
- 2008 -- Michelle Braithwaite
- 2007 -- No one selected in 2007
- 2006 -- No one selected in 2006
- 2005 -- Gabe Sara (posthumously)
- 2004 -- Judy Travis
- 2003 -- Gary MacMillan
- 2002 -- Cheryl Anderson
- 1992 -- Jim Cox
- 1991 -- Barbara Woodworth
- At the April meeting, there shall be a call for
- Nominations, using the following form (Nomination Of Vivienne Sager Award Recipient), shall be sent to the Secretary no
later than one week preceding the May meeting.
- The Secretary shall forward the list of
nominations to the Chair prior to the May meeting.
- At the May meeting, the list of nominations shall
- If there are no nominations, there shall not be a
recipient of the award for that year.
- If there are any nominations, voting shall take
place -- i.e. even if there is only one nomination, the person nominated does
not automatically receive the award.
- Voting shall take place before the end of May.
- The Chair shall present the award to the
recipient at the June meeting.